DF students from the Film and Literature class and 8th-grade English Honors classes attended one of the special student sponsored screenings of the Sundance Film Festival today. Students got to see the very first animated anime film ever to be accepted to the Sundance Festival, Lu Over the Wall. The showing including a question and answer session with the director, animation producer, and three very well known voice dub actors.
Diamond Fork's very own Jordan Oldham, an 8th grader entered a photo into the school PTA reflections contest in October. He was recognized most recently at the Region PTA awards night with an Award of Excellence. His photo will now move on to the Utah State level of judging. We are proud of Jordan and his amazing photography skills! We wish him luck as he moves forward.
Nebo School District will be hosting a series of Parent Awareness Nights. The topics of discussion will include mental health and safety planning with youth. Several community service providers will be present to answer question and help individuals to access services. See the event flyer for more information.
Hundreds of our amazing students were recognized for their place on the DFJHS Honor Rolls this week. Each student received a certificate and a cookie for their diligence and hard work. We continue to encourage students to improve each and every day in their classes. These students are willing to put in the hard work necessary to achieve at high levels, awesome job honor roll Diamondbacks!!
Students are on one of three lists;
those with a GPA from 3.5-3.69
those with a GPA from 3.7-3.99
Nebo Afterschool Program • Unlimited Classes: Students can attend up to 1 class each day or just 1 class each week
• Yearly Enrollment fee: $10.00
• Registration forms are in the front office
• Return registration form and enrollment fee to the office
• Winter session classes: January 2 nd – March 9 th
• Mon: 1:55 – 3:40pm & Tues – Fri: 2:40 – 4:25pm
• Meet in the lunch room after school • A snack is provided each day
Click on the "After School Program" tab at the top of the homepage for a list of available classes.
During the month of December, students in Mrs. Anderson's English and Creative Writing classes took on the Writer's Workout Challenge. To be a better writer, one must write. And write. And consistently write. To encourage the students to write, they were challenged to write for 20 minutes for 20 nights over a four week period. The appeal was that they could choose ANY topic to write on. All writing was above and beyond school work and none of their entries were required. Some wrote poems, song lyrics, narratives, and chapters to books they are in the process of writing!
On Wednesday January 10th the district wrestling finals were held at Diamond Fork. All seven schools from Nebo School District spent the whole day competing for indivudual and team victories. We had a great number of top 4 finishers with an impressive 1st place finish by Evan Prokopiw in the 120 lbs weight class, with Josh Beisinger finishing 3rd and Nathan Birch placing 4th.
- We are pleased to recognize our Diamond Fork “December Students of the Month”. These students were selected by their teachers and peers as those who not only excel academically, but who are examples of good character and kindness. These students were honored this morning at a breakfast with their parents and those who nominated them. We are so appreciative of these and the many others like them who work hard and make Diamond Fork a great place.
- 9th Grade:
- Isaac Smith
- Celeste Grubbs
- Isabelle Nielson
- Thomas Baldwin