Weekly Newsletter 11-9-15Published by sarah.blackhurst on Mon, 11/09/2015 - 15:38
*Please read the following information regarding the upcoming parent teacher conferences.
Diamond Fork Parents,
As previously mentioned in last week’s newsletter, we are introducing a new format for our parent teacher conferences during 2nd term. We will be holding parent teacher conferences on November 18th from 3:00-5:30pm, with a follow-up date on December 16th from 3:00-5:30. The purpose in holding conferences in this format is to allow parents multiple opportunities to have contact with their student’s teachers during the term. From 3:00-4:30 all teachers will be available in their classrooms for any parent and student who would like to have a conference. This time frame is open and does not require a scheduled time slot to visit with a teacher. From 4:30-5:30, however, teachers will have scheduled times to meet with parents of students who may need extra support. We have attached the link to schedule an appointment. We ask that you give priority to those students who are deficient (D/F grades) in their classes. If your student is not deficient in any of his/her classes and you still feel the need to schedule a time, please contact the teacher you would like to meet with via email and he/she can make arrangements to meet with you. Teachers may also contact some parents and encourage them to schedule an appointment.
Be aware that we will follow this same format again for our December conference date and we encourage you to use that time as a follow-up with your student’s teachers as to his or her progress in their courses.
Here are some action steps you will want to take to make your conferences smoother:
- Book mark November 18th as the first conference date for the term.
- If your child is NOT deficient in his or her classes plan to attend conferences any time from 3:00-4:30 on November 18th.
- If your child IS deficient in any classes please click on the following link http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e4cafa723a6f58-parent to schedule a time to meet with any of the teachers your student currently has. Time slots are available from 4:30-5:30pm in 10 minute increments.
- If you cannot make the November and/or December dates for conferences please make contact with any teachers you feel would be beneficial to meet with. As a rule of thumb, checking your student’s current grades on SIS https://sisweb.nebo.edu/Login.aspx will give you a good indication of whether or not this will be beneficial in contacting all or just a select few teachers.
- When you arrive for parent conferences plan to pick up your student’s progress report in the front foyer of the school. The school counselors will be handing these out and will be available during this time if you have any need to meet with them.
- Once you have attended or made contact with your student’s teachers for the November conferences plan to attend a follow-up conference on December 16th. We will hold these in the same format as November and will send out a link to schedule the next conferences after the first part of December.
We realize that as we are trying a new format there will be kinks in the system to work out. Please be patient with us as we work through these changes to meet the needs of our students at DFJHS. We do however, welcome your feedback and encourage you to let us know how we can make this process more beneficial for all.
Diamond Fork Junior High School Administration & Staff